Auto-Print® Max Bagger
MPI’s Auto-Print® Max Bagger is an overwrap packaging system for printing and packaging parenteral medications capable of working with a centralized, robotic drug distribution system. It provides the capability of loading, printing, barcoding, and sealing ancillary parenteral medications in just a few simple steps. Bags are blown open through an internal fan, which channels high-volume, low-pressure ducted air into the bag for easy product loading. Labeling and barcoding is done directly on the bag, eliminating costly labels and allowing for customization of barcoding and packaging procedures specific to the requirements of each facility.
Available via special order only.
- Produces up to thirty (30) filled and sealed bags per minute
- Two (2) standard size bags available: 3½” x 4″ and 5″ x 5″
- Seals completely each time, delivering consistent and tamper-evident seals
- Utilizes “off-the-shelf” parts, ensuring minimal maintenance and less down time
- Includes MPI’s exclusive Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software
MPI’s Auto-Print Max Bagger for overwrapping parenteral medications assists the pharmacy by:
- Decreasing Costs
- Technician easily drops ampoule, vial. or syringe into blown-open bag. Pressing a foot pedal seals and advances bag.
- Increasing Efficiency
- Produces up to 30 bagged doses per minute
- Produces two different size bags
- All electric: no pneumatic air required
- Reducing and Eliminating Errors
- Barcode Scan Check: Scanning bulk bottle before packaging verifies proper drug
- Tall-Man Lettering: Helps reduce “looks alike, sounds alike” errors
- One year limited warranty included
- CD Mark
- Optical Sensing for Improved Bag Registration
- Programmable PLC Control
- 6″ Color Touchscreen Control Panel
- Obstruction Sensor Pressure Bar
- Automatic or Foot Control Operation
- Pedestal Design with Locking Casters for Easy Maneuverability
- Self Diagnostics
- Digital Temperature Control
Size: 46″ L x 39″ W x 39″ H
Weight: 300 lbs.
Power: 115 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 15 amps
Air Requirements: 80 PSI, ¼” Quick Disconnect
Safety: CE tested and approved. Includes built-in safety mechanisms and self-diagnostic troubleshooting capabilities.
Hardware Requirements: Computer with Windows® 10 or higher operating system, 10 GB hard drive space, 8 GB RAM, available USB ports, desktop or network printer for reports, Internet access
Software Requirements: Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software (provided with packaging system)
Material Requirements: Requires the use of MPI-authorized disposable materials
Space Requirements: This is a pedestal machine, minimum floor space of 5′ x 5′ required. The Auto-Print Max Bagger requires one (1) 120V outlet. Allow additional room and electrical outlets for your computer.
Air requirements: 80 PSI, clean, dry non-lubricated air at 5 SCFM, ¼” female quick disconnect.
Barcodes Supported: All linear and 2D barcodes are supported.
Medication Barcoding and Labeling
The unit dose packages created by the Auto-Print Max Bagger and Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software are capable of accommodating all linear, 2D, and GS1 barcodes. The software used to generate these barcodes was developed exclusively by MPI and is continually upgraded to include the latest advances in barcode technology for pharmaceutical packaging. The software allows for unlimited number of barcode configurations which typically include product NDC code, local expiration date, and date packaged.
Benefits of Implementation
MPI continually stays abreast of changes in packaging technology, standards, and guidelines, and we employ the highest standards of excellence to develop and deliver high-quality, reliable products including the most current features and functionality that contribute to saving patient lives through error-free medication packaging.