Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software
MPI’s Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software is included in the purchase of all new packaging systems, and it is a customizable labeling program that provides a single user interface to all MPI packaging systems. Systems include Auto-Print® packaging system for oral solids, Fluidose® Series 6 packaging system for oral liquids, Pharmacy Accessory Bagging System (PABS) for overwrapping, Pharmacy Accessory Label Printers (PALP) for labeling, and MPI’s Robot-Ready solutions, including the Auto-Print® Max Bagger.
- Microsoft Windows®-based graphical user interface
- Access to a label designer to customize content of label to the packaging facility and live label preview
- Increased barcode capabilities to include 2-D and GS1 barcode symbology, and customizable barcode configurations
- Automatic backup feature
- Auto-calculate shelf life for local laws and product-specific shelf life.
- Enhanced reporting options now allow printing a replica of what was printed on the unit dose package including image.
- Enhanced security controls for technician, verifier, and administrator
- Job Stacking and Batch Approvals: allows technician to perform multiple tasks for later supervisory approval
- Options to pre-approve and post-approve for drug packaging
- Optional integration with First DataBank drug database, imprints, and image library. Annual renewal fee applies.
- Increased functionality including comprehensive search, index, and help features
- Import tool for one-time import of data
- Client-server installation options
- Export feature for all reports to Microsoft® Excel or Adobe PDF
- Automatic software updates
- Technical Support: telephone and remote assistance
On August 1, 2012, MPI discontinued all sales, name changes, upgrades, enhancements, and patches associated with MPI’s WinPak™ Software, including Auto-Print®, Fluidose® Series FH, and MPI Label. MPI’s WinPak™ software is not compatible with Microsoft Windows® 7 operating system, and Microsoft discontinued XP support on April 8, 2014, at which time MPI also discontinued technical support for all versions of WinPak™ software.
Contact MPI today to upgrade your existing MPI WinPak™ Software and take advantage of the robust features and functionality available by implementing MPI’s Pak-EDGE® UD Barcode Labeling Software including optional integration with First DataBank drug database, imprints, and images library!
Master Drug Formulary: provides a single drug library accessible by all packaging systems, access to First DataBank data and image, TallMan lettering, and multiple sorting options. New products can be added by manual entry, importation from file, or by using the First DataBank subscription module.
Label Designer: allows for customized label design for additional user-defined fields. Default label templates are provided, Windows® fonts and WYSIWYG Editor are included.
Advanced Barcoding: includes a barcode builder, advanced barcode properties, unlimited barcodes, 1D and 2D barcode formats.
Comprehensive Management Reports: includes package image retention and options for daily, custom, and brief reports.
User Security: features multiple security levels – Technician, Verifier, and Administrator. Also features password access, logon and logoff feature, and increased ease of use.
Hardware Requirements: Computer with Windows® 10 or higher operating system, 10 GB hard drive space, 8 GB RAM, Processor 2 GHz or faster, available USB ports, desktop or network printer for reports, Internet access for product updates and remote support, DVD Rom Drive, and 2D barcode scanner.